Settlers of Catan

I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from a couple nights ago. Tuesday night, I had meetings at 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00. Then I rushed back to my dorm to watch Jeopardy! Afterward, I still hadn't had dinner by this point. The cafeteria in my dorm closes at 7:00, so I had to go elsewhere to eat. That evening, I had some work I needed to do for my senior design project. We're making a Bluetooth bracelet that vibrates when you get a call, for those of you who don't know.
I totally didn't feel like doing what I had to do though. I had volunteered to model the band for our bracelet in CAD. I had hoped to get it done before our meeting at 5:00, but that didn't happen. I had gone to the engineering building earlier in the day to work on one of the computers in the lab with the Unigraphics software that I needed; I hadn't been there five minutes when the fire alarm rang. And of course it was raining. I trekked outside and didn't want to stand out there so I left.
Now it was dark and cold out, and my brain was tired from so many meetings. Then, Laura randomly asked me if I wanted to play Settlers of Catan. It's a strategy board game, and I guess a group of people were getting together to play that night. I'd never played before; a lot of my friends say they really like it so I wanted to try it. Of course, I still had to find time to model that bracelet... And Laura had a paper due the next day which she had barely started...
So being the studious people that we are, we blew off all our work and played anyway. Why not? We're seniors! We can do that!
The game didn't get started until 11:00pm and it takes a while to play. This was my first time, so people had to explain the rules to me and I went sort of slowly. Laura ended up winning. It was a pretty fun game; I probably would have liked it more if I had won...
I didn't go to bed until 2:00am. The next day, I felt drowsy all day and had trouble keeping my eyes open during class. I was reminded of how I felt all semester long back when I worked at McDonald's. Boy, am I glad I don't have to slave away there anymore! Although, free McDonald's was definitely a plus. Gosh, I haven't eaten there in a long time. I've gone about a month McDonald's-free now...
Don't you just love hearing all the mundane details of my boring life? Thank you to all two of my devoted readers! I'm told this blog is on favorites lists up there with Google and the weather; don't I feel important!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey roomie. Did you know I still read your blog sometimes? Are you counting me on your 'devoted reader' list?

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia