Blister
I got a blister because I went to church this morning. I guess that's what I get for going to worship God and stuff.
I debated not going this morning just because I have an exam tomorrow which I'm kinda stressed about (philosophy). But I knew that's a stupid reason to skip church. Like seriously, how many times in Sunday school did you learn that doing something else like going to your baseball game or something on Sunday morning was bad? And anyway, like I would have actually used that time to study instead of sleeping more or playing SmarterMind or something.
Besides, I needed to talk to Pastor Dave about doing my reference for Egypt this summer. I had to get three references for the application, and his is the only one I'm waiting on. I believe it got filtered to his spam folder the first time I sent it. I forwarded the email reference form again just a week ago, but he still hadn't completed it.
I stuck around after the service and finally got a chance to talk to the pastor. He pulled me aside into his office. It was kinda scary; I felt like I was in trouble, going to the Principal's office or something. Today, he told me we needed to meet some time this week for like half an hour so he knows what the trip is about and my level of involvement with Intervarsity and stuff. Then he'll fill out the reference. He said once he got the email I sent, he looked in his spam folder and discovered that the old email had been there since mid-February. He apologized that it was so much later now.
So hopefully that all gets taken care of. Because of our conversation, I missed the van run. Before and after church, the church van takes a route around campus picking up/dropping off people who live in the dorms and most likely don't have cars. I utilize that service. I wore these horribly uncomfortable heels because I didn't think I'd have to walk much. But since I missed the van to go back to my dorm, I had to walk. The shoes are too small, I think, so they dig into the back of my heel and I have a nice-sized blister on my right foot near the Achilles tendon.
So I guess you could say it's because of this whole Egypt thing that I have this blister. I have a feeling I'll endure a lot more physical discomfort than just this if I do end up going.
I debated not going this morning just because I have an exam tomorrow which I'm kinda stressed about (philosophy). But I knew that's a stupid reason to skip church. Like seriously, how many times in Sunday school did you learn that doing something else like going to your baseball game or something on Sunday morning was bad? And anyway, like I would have actually used that time to study instead of sleeping more or playing SmarterMind or something.
Besides, I needed to talk to Pastor Dave about doing my reference for Egypt this summer. I had to get three references for the application, and his is the only one I'm waiting on. I believe it got filtered to his spam folder the first time I sent it. I forwarded the email reference form again just a week ago, but he still hadn't completed it.
I stuck around after the service and finally got a chance to talk to the pastor. He pulled me aside into his office. It was kinda scary; I felt like I was in trouble, going to the Principal's office or something. Today, he told me we needed to meet some time this week for like half an hour so he knows what the trip is about and my level of involvement with Intervarsity and stuff. Then he'll fill out the reference. He said once he got the email I sent, he looked in his spam folder and discovered that the old email had been there since mid-February. He apologized that it was so much later now.
So hopefully that all gets taken care of. Because of our conversation, I missed the van run. Before and after church, the church van takes a route around campus picking up/dropping off people who live in the dorms and most likely don't have cars. I utilize that service. I wore these horribly uncomfortable heels because I didn't think I'd have to walk much. But since I missed the van to go back to my dorm, I had to walk. The shoes are too small, I think, so they dig into the back of my heel and I have a nice-sized blister on my right foot near the Achilles tendon.
So I guess you could say it's because of this whole Egypt thing that I have this blister. I have a feeling I'll endure a lot more physical discomfort than just this if I do end up going.
Comments