Eating my way across campus

So, the morning of April Fools Day, I walk downstairs to get breakfast and am greeted by a cafeteria with doors closed and lights off. There's a notice on the door saying the Shaw cafeteria is closed until further notice because several students reported getting ill after eating there. I'd had all three of my meals in Shaw on Tuesday, the day before, but I felt fine, thankfully. It seems like everyone I talk to knows someone who got sick. A lot of people were even in the hospital.
Now, my cafeteria is still closed, so I have to go to other dorms to eat. It's somewhat inconvenient, but I've had a chance to try out some other cafeterias this week. I've eaten in Wilson, Wonders, SnyPhi, Landon, and I just had lunch in McDonel. Maybe that's another thing that should be on my "list": eat in every cafeteria on campus before I graduate.
I got an email saying the cafeteria would be opened Saturday morning at the earliest. I'll be gone in Detroit this weekend until Saturday dinner, so we'll see if it's open when I get back. Yes, that's right, I said I'll be in Detroit, which happens to be the location of the Final Four this weekend! I'm actually going there for a Tau Beta Pi district conference, though, and will have left before the games starts. But I should be back in East Lansing in time to watch the Spartans take on Connecticut! It's gonna be awesome! Now I'll just have to manage not to get tear-gassed! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia