What am I doing with my life?
The date keeps looming nearer. Less than three months until graduation. Then what?
I haven't had much luck in the job search, but then, am I really ready for corporate America? What do I want to do? If I don't know, then how do I find out?
This is such an important decision; it can't be taken lightly. But I'm so frustrated that nothing has worked out so far. How many times can I just keep getting rejected before I give up?
There are still a number of paths I could pursue upon graduation. Today, I talked to a professor who encouraged me to apply for graduate school here at MSU, and elsewhere if I wanted to. The application fee's fifty bucks, but I guess I could go for it. Should I go to Egypt this summer on a global urban trek and live in a garbage village? It sounds miserable, but at the same time, incredible. I know I'd discover a lot about myself and about Jesus if I did that. The application deadline is quickly approaching.
At church Sunday, a friend of mine told me about AmeriCorps, the parent organization of Teach For America. I read more about it, and it sounds kind of exciting.
Maybe I'll just become a bum.
I don't know; I just feel like I want to use my time after graduation to serve. I want to make a statement with the direction I choose--a statement to my always practical family that you don't have to choose what's most comfortable or least risky or whatever. Right now I'm young and not tied down; I could go anywhere.
I guess I'll do the only thing I can think to do right now, and that's pray. Hearing God's opinion on all this would probably be a good idea.
I haven't had much luck in the job search, but then, am I really ready for corporate America? What do I want to do? If I don't know, then how do I find out?
This is such an important decision; it can't be taken lightly. But I'm so frustrated that nothing has worked out so far. How many times can I just keep getting rejected before I give up?
There are still a number of paths I could pursue upon graduation. Today, I talked to a professor who encouraged me to apply for graduate school here at MSU, and elsewhere if I wanted to. The application fee's fifty bucks, but I guess I could go for it. Should I go to Egypt this summer on a global urban trek and live in a garbage village? It sounds miserable, but at the same time, incredible. I know I'd discover a lot about myself and about Jesus if I did that. The application deadline is quickly approaching.
At church Sunday, a friend of mine told me about AmeriCorps, the parent organization of Teach For America. I read more about it, and it sounds kind of exciting.
Maybe I'll just become a bum.
I don't know; I just feel like I want to use my time after graduation to serve. I want to make a statement with the direction I choose--a statement to my always practical family that you don't have to choose what's most comfortable or least risky or whatever. Right now I'm young and not tied down; I could go anywhere.
I guess I'll do the only thing I can think to do right now, and that's pray. Hearing God's opinion on all this would probably be a good idea.
Comments