Shaw Hall Bar Crawl

I just got back from the Shaw "Bar Crawl." It was a hall event. It wasn't actually a bar crawl; the RAs have to host a certain number of hall events per semester, and this was one of them. The west side first floor lounge was set up kinda like a bar. They had music and low levels of light. Different tables were set up as the "bars" with creative names. There were the Red Cedar Tavern and Bubba's among others (Bubba is the name of the fish that lives in a tank in the Shaw cafeteria; he's kind of the hall symbol).
There was free pizza and pop, which is why I went in the first place; I was hungry. Dinner selection in the cafeteria hadn't been all that great. I feel like lately, even with all the choices, there's never anything good. I ended up eating cereal for dinner tonight because I didn't like anything else.
It was a nice reward after a job well done at the review session I led earlier tonight. Yesterday I got free food also. It was wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings for Pi Tau Sigma. BDubs was actually really crowded last night; we figured it was due to the fact that there was a special--buy 6 wings, get 6 free--and there was a Pistons game. A decent number of people showed up to wing night; it was fun. I like hanging out with people who are all the same major as me. It's comforting hearing other people talk about going through the same things, having their lives eaten up by projects and such.
I'm watching the MSU men's basketball game right now. We're leading Iowa by 9, but that doesn't mean much until the last two minutes. Seriously, whenever I watch basketball, teams blow huge leads; scores fluctuate so much, you can't get any indication of how it's gonna turn out until the very end. I also turned on the MSU game last Sunday. I watched the good part, the end where we came back to win it over Wisconsin. It was awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia