MSU To Do List

As a senior, I've begun thinking of all those things one has to do before one graduates. There are a lot of MSU traditions and several things I shouldn't miss experiencing in my time here. Here are a few:
1) Feed the ducks: Several ducks make their home near the Red Cedar River which runs through campus. Many people enjoy feeding them on nicer days. I still need to do this, but I'll wait until spring.
2) Attend a football, hockey, and basketball game: I've been to football and hockey, but I still need to see a Spartan basketball game. I looked online, and this weekend's game was sold out. I can't buy tickets this far in advance for any of the other games. I'm not sure I'll even be able to make it to one of them!
3) Walk across the Red Cedar: while it's frozen, of course! I'd done it once before, but Laura never had. So, two days ago, we were heading to Snyder-Phillips to have dinner. Their cafeteria is better than Shaw's and it's the next closest, so that's why we were going there. I suggested taking a shortcut across the river. We saw footprints in the snow, so we knew other people had done it before us, but it was still scary! With our first steps onto the ice, our ears were straining to hear any cracking. It mighta been my imagination, but I thought I heard something. But we pressed forward. With each step we got braver. It was such an exhilarating experience! Now we're fearless. We crossed the river again tonight. It's so much faster than heading downstream to a bridge.
Gosh, there are so many other things. I've been to the Old Horticulture Gardens and the Children's Garden. I still need to see the museum. I've been to a play in the Wharton Center. I still need to eat at least once in every cafeteria on campus. I'd like to canoe down the Red Cedar River at some point. I've been tailgating. Hmmm... It's a good thing I still have three and a half months left to do this stuff!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey - don't freak me out. I'm pregnant and all I need is one more thing to have nightmares about. Don't be walking across that cracking ice any more - go ice skating or something sane!

Love,
Aunt Sue

P.S. If this actually posts it will be a miracle. The funny thing is that I posted something to someone else's blog and can't get it to make my name anything but Aunt Sue. Ironic as it never seems to work at all when I post to yours (whom I created the "aunt sue" title for)

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia