Jeopardy! online test!
I've been looking forward to this night for a while...ever since I saw the commercial for the Jeopardy! online contestant test a few weeks ago. It's just a 50 question test, with 15 seconds to answer each question, used to determine if you're eligible to be a contestant on Jeopardy! I've taken it before; never had any luck, but it's just a fun to take.
The test was at 8:00pm EST. I was afraid I would miss it. I had a Pi Tau Sigma officers meeting at 7:30. The meetings never last long, but knowing my luck, this would be the one time it goes over half an hour. Someone else attending the meeting, the treasurer asked if we could push the meeting up to 7:00 this week for various reasons. (I wonder if he wanted to take the test too! J/K) Which would have been great, except I volunteered to go make dinner at the Ronald McDonald House earlier in the evening. We weren't supposed to get back til around 7:30, so moving the meeting time earlier this week wouldn't be a possibility.
Fortunately, the meeting only lasted 9 minutes. Instead of heading back to my dorm to take the test, though, I hung out in one of the engineering building computer labs. Thinking back to the last time I took the online test, all I can remember is getting five questions in or so when the fire alarm went off! Fire drills are the last Tuesday of every month. I had contemplated risking getting in trouble and staying inside during the drill to finish the test, but the alarm was just too loud. Concentrating would have been impossible anyway. That was extremely frustrating, so this time I was smarter. Today is the last Tuesday of the month, so I knew to expect a fire drill. Therefore, I would stay in the EB to take the test where they don't have monthly fire drills.
A few of my friends were in the computer lab and watching me take the test. It was a ton of fun. I doubt I got more than 10 answers, but oh well. My success rate during the actual show isn't much better.
When I got back to Shaw, I learned that there hadn't even been a fire drill, so I'd done all that planning ahead for nothing. Later that evening I got the joy of being driven outside by a deafening alarm. Thank goodness the Jeopardy! test didn't cause me to miss that valuable training, since I wouldn't otherwise know what to do if there were a fire...
The test was at 8:00pm EST. I was afraid I would miss it. I had a Pi Tau Sigma officers meeting at 7:30. The meetings never last long, but knowing my luck, this would be the one time it goes over half an hour. Someone else attending the meeting, the treasurer asked if we could push the meeting up to 7:00 this week for various reasons. (I wonder if he wanted to take the test too! J/K) Which would have been great, except I volunteered to go make dinner at the Ronald McDonald House earlier in the evening. We weren't supposed to get back til around 7:30, so moving the meeting time earlier this week wouldn't be a possibility.
Fortunately, the meeting only lasted 9 minutes. Instead of heading back to my dorm to take the test, though, I hung out in one of the engineering building computer labs. Thinking back to the last time I took the online test, all I can remember is getting five questions in or so when the fire alarm went off! Fire drills are the last Tuesday of every month. I had contemplated risking getting in trouble and staying inside during the drill to finish the test, but the alarm was just too loud. Concentrating would have been impossible anyway. That was extremely frustrating, so this time I was smarter. Today is the last Tuesday of the month, so I knew to expect a fire drill. Therefore, I would stay in the EB to take the test where they don't have monthly fire drills.
A few of my friends were in the computer lab and watching me take the test. It was a ton of fun. I doubt I got more than 10 answers, but oh well. My success rate during the actual show isn't much better.
When I got back to Shaw, I learned that there hadn't even been a fire drill, so I'd done all that planning ahead for nothing. Later that evening I got the joy of being driven outside by a deafening alarm. Thank goodness the Jeopardy! test didn't cause me to miss that valuable training, since I wouldn't otherwise know what to do if there were a fire...
Comments