Chicago

I went to Chicago yesterday. Well, actually I went to Libertyville, Illinois, north of Chicago near the Wisconsin border. It was like a five hour drive. I was going there to meet with Jason, the Motorola employee who is our project sponsor for my senior design class. Dan drove. We left at 8:00am, getting there about noon (remember, there's an hour time change there). Jason bought us all Jimmy John's, and we had lunch while discussing the project.
We got to tour the testing facility, watching phones get dropped, be immersed in sand, put in a dryer, etc. It was cool, but I don't know how important all that is for us to know. Then we talked and talked and talked about ideas for a project. Most groups for this class have a corporate sponsor who has given them a specific task. Our project is more open-ended. Jason wants us to pick something we're passionate about. I don't know about passion, but I'm trying to decide which project is the easiest.
Getting four people to agree on something is of course difficult. I don't really care which project we do, but Dan wants to discuss all of them. He claims this is the most important decision of the project. I'm getting frustrated because our group won't make up our minds! We're meeting today to hopefully make a decision.
Our time with Jason got cut short because he had another meeting to go to at 4:00. On the drive back, we stopped near Chicago and met up with Jesse, a friend of Dan's at Panera. I didn't know what to order; they didn't have anything fried on the menu. Can you believe it? Two restaurants in one day, and I had to eat sandwiches all day! No chicken nuggets :( It was good to stop and stretch our legs and toss some of our phone ideas at Jesse and see what he thought.
When we reached Michigan on our drive back, it began to snow. The roads actually were kinda bad. We saw a lot of people in the ditch. At one point we were completely stopped; then in the median, we saw a semi that had slid off the road. It was a slow drive home, and we got back near midnight. I was so tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia