MLC adventures

As you know, I was a TA last semester. I have the same job this semester. Part of my responsibilities as a TA involve working three hours per week in the Math Learning Center. Older and wiser from my experience last semester, I strategically signed up to work a shift on Monday. I did this because I knew the MLC didn't open for the semester until Wednesday of last week so I wouldn't have to work the first Monday. And today being Martin Luther King Day was another day off.
My other two shifts are on Fridays. This past Friday, nobody came in. It's nice to sit for two hours doing nothing and get paid for it. One of the MLC supervisors stopped by the room I was sitting in all alone and showed me a random math problem. It had something to do with continued fractions and the golden ratio. Imagine the fraction one over (one plus one over (one plus one over (one plus ... It's hard to explain.
He showed me how to figure out what that equalled; it was actually pretty cool.
Another cool thing happened to me at work on Friday; I found a coin on the floor. It's a foreign piece of money, I don't know where from. It says 25 Konihok on it. The other side says Ykpaiha and has the year 1992. Whoa, I just googled it. It's from the Ukraine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia