Sara in the Kitchen

I had high hopes for this semester when it came to the kitchen and me being in it. I was gonna learn to cook, prepare well-balanced meals for myself, and maybe even entertain thoughts of starting a show on Food Network if I got good enough. But so far, my attempts at cooking have proven dismal at best.
All I've done is reheat stuff in the microwave or make macaroni and cheese. And even the macaroni and cheese was a failure. I burnt my hand! You'd think I would have learned like all the other four-year-olds not to touch the hot stove, but I guess I'm way behind on the learning curve.
Now I've been reduced to a desperate, scrounging, hungry student, attending events for the sole purpose of getting free food. It's true! Thursdays I can count on lunch during the Sloan/Rigas meetings (groups for women and minorities in grad programs in engineering). Sunday dinner is free at church. This Friday, I went to Spartan All-Stars, a series of performances by a cappella groups, the break dance club, a previous battle of the bands winner, etc. And I only went for the free food! I stayed to hear Ladies First, the women's a cappella group, and watch some people break dance, but once my free slice of pizza was gone, I peaced out.
I've decided to delay grocery shopping until next weekend if I can help it. The only food I have left is the frozen vegetables. Big surprise! Sara hasn't been eating any vegetables because they taste yucky. But I guess if I get hungry enough, I'll give in and eat the healthy food.

Comments

Unknown said…
Sara- Your mother says eat your vegetables
Anonymous said…
beef tastes yucky too
Anonymous said…
Oh no! Sara in the kitchen? Get ready East Lansing Fire Department!

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia