Remembering Old Times

I just spent the first half of my office hours today looking at old photos of me on Facebook. It was great to relive those memories. I even laughed out loud a few times while reading what people had commented on them or thinking about how fun a particular experience was or whatever.
There were a lot of photos from up at Cedar Campus, where Intervarsity goes for retreats and stuff. Last weekend was the Edge retreat, our annual fall retreat. I didn't go for the first time in four years. I decided I didn't want to spend an entire weekend not getting much sleep, falling behind on homework, etc. And to be honest, ever since my first trip to Cedar Campus (which was great), the Edge has always been kind of a letdown since then.
Now that it's the week after, pictures have been popping up on Facebook with a lot of my friends tagged. I was feeling kinda sad that I hadn't been a part of the experience which is why I was looking through my old photos.
I didn't get a Facebook account until college, so all of the pictures are from then on. Judging from all the memories recorded in the photographs, I'd say I've had a great four years here at MSU so far. As much as I don't like grad school, I'm so glad I didn't have to leave MSU yet. And this weekend, I get to experience one of the more exciting things--the football game vs. Michigan at home. Two years ago was my first time going. And even though we lost, it was still a blast. I'd never been part of a crowd with so much energy before.
I'm not exactly optimistic on the outcome this Saturday, but I intend to have a great time anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia