Gilmore Girls
I gave up playing Solitaire on my computer for the rest of September. This decision was made after I spent far too long playing last weekend. When one hour turned into two hours turned into three hours straight and I played Solitaire right through dinner, I knew I had a problem.
I thought today was gonna be rough. Fridays, I almost always waste an inordinate amount of time playing Solitaire. It's my way of destressing after a difficult week of classes. It doesn't matter if I'm wasting time because it's only the beginning of the weekend and I have tons of it.
But now that I gave up Solitaire (and am trying not to get into the habit of playing other similar games like Spider Solitaire or Minesweeper) I wasn't sure how I was gonna fill my Friday afternoon.
I shouldn't have worried. Of course! Gilmore Girls! Someone owns like every season on DVD and my roommates (namely Lara) and I have been watching episode after episode. And not just on Fridays when we have time to waste. Lara's more dedicated than I am. Some nights I have to call it quits and go to bed because I'm so tired, but she stays up watching Gilmore Girls into the wee hours of the morning.
It's not even that brilliant of a show--just watching the lives of Rory, her mother Lorelai, her grandmother, and everyone in the town of Stars Hollow or wherever it is that they live. But it's so easy to just keep watching. We're in the fourth season right now. Rory just went off to Yale. Her ex-boyfriend got married, at least I think, unless something happened at the wedding which they're making us wait until next episode to find out. Lorelai is trying to get an inn opened up to start her business. She and her mother aren't really speaking very much. Emily (the grandmother) is being her usual annoying, manipulative, controlling self... Never mind. You guys don't care. Sorry.
I thought today was gonna be rough. Fridays, I almost always waste an inordinate amount of time playing Solitaire. It's my way of destressing after a difficult week of classes. It doesn't matter if I'm wasting time because it's only the beginning of the weekend and I have tons of it.
But now that I gave up Solitaire (and am trying not to get into the habit of playing other similar games like Spider Solitaire or Minesweeper) I wasn't sure how I was gonna fill my Friday afternoon.
I shouldn't have worried. Of course! Gilmore Girls! Someone owns like every season on DVD and my roommates (namely Lara) and I have been watching episode after episode. And not just on Fridays when we have time to waste. Lara's more dedicated than I am. Some nights I have to call it quits and go to bed because I'm so tired, but she stays up watching Gilmore Girls into the wee hours of the morning.
It's not even that brilliant of a show--just watching the lives of Rory, her mother Lorelai, her grandmother, and everyone in the town of Stars Hollow or wherever it is that they live. But it's so easy to just keep watching. We're in the fourth season right now. Rory just went off to Yale. Her ex-boyfriend got married, at least I think, unless something happened at the wedding which they're making us wait until next episode to find out. Lorelai is trying to get an inn opened up to start her business. She and her mother aren't really speaking very much. Emily (the grandmother) is being her usual annoying, manipulative, controlling self... Never mind. You guys don't care. Sorry.
Comments