My New Apartment

This year, I'm living in an apartment for the first time as opposed to a dorm. It's a one bedroom apartment with four people, which could get a little crazy sometimes. And figuring out how to cook will be an adventure. Those of you who have been following my blog for a while probably remember reading about my failed attempts at cooking while I lived in Germany.
Anyway, so I was up in East Lansing starting last Monday for a bunch of training and orientations. I brought a carload of my stuff. Then after my training was done for the day, I headed over to my apartment. Brittany, one of my roommates, was home so she could let me in since I didn't have my key yet. When she first opened the door, I think I had a minor heart attack. The place was so messy! (And you know it's bad if I'm saying it's messy.) Junk was piled everywhere.
There was hardly any place to sit down since ninety percent of our furniture was covered in stuff. Part of the reason the place was such a pigsty was because Rachel, a friend of all of ours, was living temporarily with us. She actually has another apartment in the same complex, but none of her roommates had moved in yet and she wasn't able to get a key. She was planning to move out on Wednesday. I like Rachel and all, but I was anxious for her and all her stuff to leave. In the mean time, I climbed over boxes and junk for a few days.
The apartment is decent. It's the same price as a dorm minus the cost of a meal plan, and it's more space than a single room. I'm probably getting somewhat ripped off since it's only a one-bedroom. We have a living room/kitchen; it's obviously two different rooms but there's no wall between them. And we have a large bedroom and a not-so-large bathroom.
Also, I almost forgot to mention, we have a pet bunny. This was a surprise to me. I guess some of my roommates were at a garage sale earlier this summer and bought a baby bunny at one. Brittany raised it over the summer and now it lives here. Her name is Penelope.

Comments

Anonymous said…
messy

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia