Lousberglauf
Bowling was definitely a lot of fun. We played four games total, which surprised me. I was figuring we'd probably only play two--three if I was lucky. I won two games and Matt won twice. My overall score, the sum of all four games, was two pins higher than Matt's, so I'd say I was the official winner :-)
At the end of our fourth game, we were about to start another; but Simone said she was done paying for it. A few of us were still gonna stay and play another. But then the guys realized what time it was; we'd been bowling for a while. The dorm they live in (or it might be the one next to it) has their bar open Tuesday nights. And they have happy hour from 10 to 11 PM. That night, some of the American students who live there from the UROP program were throwing an American party. They were gonna play beer pong. I thought about heading out there, but I didn't want to walk all the way back to my dorm really late at night by myself. Ryan R wasn't going, and he's the one who also lives in my dorm who I could walk back with. The next day, Ryan W said we'd missed a lot of fun. I regretted not going, but then I learned that it was just a big drunkfest. I heard the description of how extremely drunk Matt was, and frankly, I'm glad I didn't have to witness it.
Then, Wednesday was the Lousberglauf. Lousberg is the name of a big hill near my dorm; berg means "mountain" or something like that in German. And lauf is "run." It was a 5.555 km race. Someone had knocked on my door a few weeks ago asking people to volunteer. I had agreed, so yesterday I had to wear a bright yellow vest thing and stand at my post along the trail, making sure runners didn't take shortcuts and spectators didn't get in the way. I was near the very start of the race, which is also where they finished, so I got to see the most exciting part of the action. All the MSU guys ran in it, and I saw some people I knew from my floor as well. Unfortunately, it was raining lightly the whole time. After the lauf was the Turmefest, a big party with a band and stuff, similar to Schauambau or the party I went to with Maria in Krefeld. But because of the rain, no one really stuck around for it. Instead, I went to Saray, the restaurant on Pontstrasse, with the MSU guys.
This morning, I had my German final exam. I'm officially done with that class now! And our teacher, Hartmut, is treating us to a round of beers tonight. That should be fun.
At the end of our fourth game, we were about to start another; but Simone said she was done paying for it. A few of us were still gonna stay and play another. But then the guys realized what time it was; we'd been bowling for a while. The dorm they live in (or it might be the one next to it) has their bar open Tuesday nights. And they have happy hour from 10 to 11 PM. That night, some of the American students who live there from the UROP program were throwing an American party. They were gonna play beer pong. I thought about heading out there, but I didn't want to walk all the way back to my dorm really late at night by myself. Ryan R wasn't going, and he's the one who also lives in my dorm who I could walk back with. The next day, Ryan W said we'd missed a lot of fun. I regretted not going, but then I learned that it was just a big drunkfest. I heard the description of how extremely drunk Matt was, and frankly, I'm glad I didn't have to witness it.
Then, Wednesday was the Lousberglauf. Lousberg is the name of a big hill near my dorm; berg means "mountain" or something like that in German. And lauf is "run." It was a 5.555 km race. Someone had knocked on my door a few weeks ago asking people to volunteer. I had agreed, so yesterday I had to wear a bright yellow vest thing and stand at my post along the trail, making sure runners didn't take shortcuts and spectators didn't get in the way. I was near the very start of the race, which is also where they finished, so I got to see the most exciting part of the action. All the MSU guys ran in it, and I saw some people I knew from my floor as well. Unfortunately, it was raining lightly the whole time. After the lauf was the Turmefest, a big party with a band and stuff, similar to Schauambau or the party I went to with Maria in Krefeld. But because of the rain, no one really stuck around for it. Instead, I went to Saray, the restaurant on Pontstrasse, with the MSU guys.
This morning, I had my German final exam. I'm officially done with that class now! And our teacher, Hartmut, is treating us to a round of beers tonight. That should be fun.
Comments