Home alone

Mark's been gone for a whole week. He has a week of training in Chicago for his new internship and coincidentally, had a bachelor party the weekend beforehand, also in Chicago. So, since early Saturday morning, I've had the place to myself.
Let's just say it's a good thing I don't live alone full time.
I've had to kill like five bugs all by myself, including a spider and one of those nasty drain centipedes. Mark! Come back so you can be my official bug killer!
On top of having to exterminate insects and such on my own, living alone has turned my into a huge slob. I know what you're thinking, Mark. I'm always messy, yes. But now, I'm incredibly messy. There's no one to worry about bothering if I leave my clothes and shoes all over the floor. It doesn't matter if I have dirty dishes stacked in multiple rooms of the apartment. And there's no one to fuss at me if I don't make the bed!
I also seem to have depression symptoms when I'm home alone. I just sit and watch tv, snacking on junk food, brooding. I only had one proper meal this week when I went to my parents' and mooched food today. The fridge is almost completely empty; I can't seem to find the motivation to go grocery shopping though.
I'm so glad my husband returns tomorrow and I can snap out of this state I'm in. A week apart definitely makes you realize how great it is to be married and have your best friend ever for a roommate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia