Being an Only Child
It's been great--being an only child, that is. Well, I'm not really an only child, but it's felt like it the past week and a half. Both my sisters are out of the house. Katie's been living up in East Lansing most of the summer; and Jennifer has been on vacation out west with a friend of hers. My parents still have contact with their other two daughters, but for the most part, I'm the one commanding all their attention.
And I'm loving it. I'm the only one who's being taken on vacations up north. I don't have to share the car at all. I know that I'll be the one using all the gas I paid for. And I don't have to adjust the driver's seat every time I get in the car. It always seems to be set for a midget when Jennifer's the last one who's driven it.
It's like I don't have any siblings to feel jealous of. No parents buying fast food or Dairy Queen or anything for my sisters and not me. Seriously, I could get used to this.
Ahhh, but good things can't last forever. Jennifer's coming home next week; and anyway, I'm moving out soon to go back to school. I'll be bumped out of the "favorite daughter" spot soon enough.
And I'm loving it. I'm the only one who's being taken on vacations up north. I don't have to share the car at all. I know that I'll be the one using all the gas I paid for. And I don't have to adjust the driver's seat every time I get in the car. It always seems to be set for a midget when Jennifer's the last one who's driven it.
It's like I don't have any siblings to feel jealous of. No parents buying fast food or Dairy Queen or anything for my sisters and not me. Seriously, I could get used to this.
Ahhh, but good things can't last forever. Jennifer's coming home next week; and anyway, I'm moving out soon to go back to school. I'll be bumped out of the "favorite daughter" spot soon enough.
Comments