This time of year

This weather has me in a tremendously good mood! Sunny and 70--what could be better for a day in mid-April? You know? I really love this time of year. We're finally saying goodbye to snow and bitter cold. I feel like the campus is coming alive again--coming out of hibernation. I feel like I'm coming alive again. I played softball the other day and it was SO MUCH FUN! I couldn't do that a month ago in the snow. And not only is the weather becoming more beautiful by the day, but the school year's wrapping up! I love how everything is so busy. I love going to all the end of the year banquets and picnics and stuff. I love stressing over final projects and papers. Well, actually, I quite hate papers, but I only have one of those, so let's rejoice. I love looking forward to summer, my absolute favorite season. And this summer, I especially have something to be excited about--Germany!!! I've never been out of the country before (besides to Canada, but that doesn't count). I'm both extremely excited and extremely nervous. I don't know what to expect, just that it's going to be very different. Their language is different; their phones are different; their money is different; heck, even their plugs are different. I guess it's 200V instead of like 120V or whatever we have here in America.

I could go on and on about my thoughts on Germany, but I'll save that for another post. I don't know if this was an appropriate blog entry. It's my first. It was kinda fun, though. I wonder if anyone else will actually read this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmmm, well, I've just dedicated a big chunk of time to catching up on your blog (I can't deny, I did reach the skimming stage at some points) - it's good to read some updates on your life, I like it...maybe blogs aren't such silly things after all ;-) thinking of when I'll see you again...

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia