I'm just full of new experiences
My semi-diet referenced in my last post ended shortly after it started. I got pregnant (eek! more on that later), and I read that dieting is a no-no during pregnancy, so thankfully, I had an excuse to stop that silly endeavor. What was I thinking?
No, my new experience today was reading a book cover to cover. In one sitting. I don't think I've ever done that. Reading just isn't my forte (pronounced fort, not fort-ay, a mistake many people make). I usually take a month, maybe two, to finish any novel I've picked up.
Confessions of a Shopaholic--that's the book I couldn't put down. Not that I haven't read other good books. I just have an extra eight hours of free time now that I don't have a job. And it was laugh-out-loud funny at points and easy to read.
My thing is, whenever I read a book or watch a movie, I feel myself really identifying with the character, almost becoming that person. Even though Rebecca Bloomwood and I have nothing in common, I find myself wanting to speak with British slang and go buy a designer handbag or something. I guess this is why I don't like watching movies with crazy people, like Fight Club or The Soloist. I start to feel insane myself.
Another first-time experience in the last month or so--I clipped my fingernails! First time? I know, weird. No, I didn't have ridiculously long curled up nails like that gross picture from Guinness Book of World Records. I just have a habit of biting my nails, usually so short it hurts. But since I left my job, stress and boredom levels are much lower, and I find my nails actually getting long.
It's crazy stuff. Who knew they could grow like that? I wasn't even sure where my nail clippers were. But when I found them, they were nice and sharp, just like new.
No, my new experience today was reading a book cover to cover. In one sitting. I don't think I've ever done that. Reading just isn't my forte (pronounced fort, not fort-ay, a mistake many people make). I usually take a month, maybe two, to finish any novel I've picked up.
Confessions of a Shopaholic--that's the book I couldn't put down. Not that I haven't read other good books. I just have an extra eight hours of free time now that I don't have a job. And it was laugh-out-loud funny at points and easy to read.
My thing is, whenever I read a book or watch a movie, I feel myself really identifying with the character, almost becoming that person. Even though Rebecca Bloomwood and I have nothing in common, I find myself wanting to speak with British slang and go buy a designer handbag or something. I guess this is why I don't like watching movies with crazy people, like Fight Club or The Soloist. I start to feel insane myself.
Another first-time experience in the last month or so--I clipped my fingernails! First time? I know, weird. No, I didn't have ridiculously long curled up nails like that gross picture from Guinness Book of World Records. I just have a habit of biting my nails, usually so short it hurts. But since I left my job, stress and boredom levels are much lower, and I find my nails actually getting long.
It's crazy stuff. Who knew they could grow like that? I wasn't even sure where my nail clippers were. But when I found them, they were nice and sharp, just like new.
Comments