Loneliness

I don't know if most people deal with this, or if it's just me. I often feel very lonely, disconnected from people. If it weren't for my husband, I would literally have zero close relationships. Even my own family--let's face it; the only reason they talk to me is because they have to. I'm sure my parents and sisters are in much closer communication with each other than I am with any of them. I suppose I can blame myself, but why should it be my job to keep in touch? I just feel like I'm forcing myself upon them if I'm always the one calling. Shouldn't my wonderful personality be enough to motivate people to pick up the phone and call me just so they can interact with me?
And my friends and I have less and less in common. A group of high school friends got together recently. I was the only one who wasn't a mom. All the talk revolved around children and the things that go along with motherhood.
Facebook doesn't help either. I see mutual friends hanging out with each other all the time. I'm never on the invite list. The only events I get invited to are mass invites where someone selected everyone on their friends list. And half the time, it's someone trying to sell me something, whether it's jewelry or Jamberry nails or whatever.
I feel this need to exaggerate my personality to be more interesting to hang around. Funnier. Louder. Crazier. Whatever it takes to get some attention.
I long so badly to feel close to people, intimately connected. But that area is severely lacking. So is it just me? Or do other people feel this way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia