An observation about people on the phone

Isn't it weird how many people can only talk on the phone on a particular ear? Usually the right. I have observed this often, where someone is holding their phone to their right ear with their right arm. Then, when that arm gets tired, or they need their right hand free to write something down, they use their left arm, but keep the phone to their right ear. Their left arm is stretched awkwardly across their body with the wrist twisted. It looks uncomfortable.
I used to be this way. I don't talk on the phone much, so it wasn't until my later years that I discovered this about myself. I was talking to my mom on my cell phone. The conversation lasted a decent length of time, and my right elbow was beginning to hurt. So I switched hands--but not ears. I was conscious of how awkward this position was, but struggled to move the phone to my left ear. I couldn't do it at first.
It took a lot of concentration and some practice, but now I can switch ears no problem. I'm now ambidextrous, but for ears.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gay nineties. Pick up the pace. I need a metronome.

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia