My nose isn't fully functional
Well, for the most part, I'm pretty good at smelling stuff. My nose lets me enjoy some warm brownies fresh out of the oven or a bouquet of flowers (actually I don't like the smell of flowers--is that weird?). And unfortunately, my nose doesn't let me down when a skunk has sprayed nearby or my husband has fluffed (btw, I never fart...).
But one thing I am incapable of smelling: marijuana. Mark claims some of our neighbors in the apartment must smoke, but I can never smell anything. A few summers ago, when I lived in my friends' basement, they walked down there with me to show me around when I first moved in, only to be embarrassed by the overwhelming smell of weed. I didn't notice anything. They apologized and said they'd talk to their neighbors, but I really didn't mind. I swear nothing smelled out of the ordinary.
I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess if I have kids some day trying to sneak smoking a joint in their room or something, I won't be able to catch them. Other than that, I don't think this shortcoming of mine should really hinder my life.
Comments