Twenty-seven

That's how many pairs of shoes I have: twenty-seven. Not the at least fifty that I was accused of owning.
I was up north with my family the last week and a half or so. At one point, the topic of shoes came up. Katie and Mom both admitted to owning at least one hundred pairs of shoes. I estimated I had around thirty pairs. "No way," challenged Dad. "You have at least fifty pairs." Mom agreed with him. So I stored it in my mind right then to count my shoes as soon as I got home.
Sure enough, I was right. ...twenty-five...twenty-six...twenty-seven. And that includes my old track spikes and softball cleats, neither of which I ever wear anymore but keep just in case an occasion arises in which I need to wear them. I will agree that even twenty-seven pairs of shoes is more than enough, maybe too many. But from now on, let the blog-reading world know that I do not own fifty pairs of shoes--I have barely half that.

Comments

flutterby1987 said…
WHOA your mom and sis has over 100 pairs of shoes each??? What do you do with that many pairs??? I think I counted how many pairs I had on campus once, and it was around 22-ish. lol
Unknown said…
I still think u have more than that. Heck, you have more than 27 pairs of flip flops alone. Maybe it just seems like a lot because they are all over the house.

Popular posts from this blog

Blister

Mother's Day

St. Lucia